Saturday, December 6, 2008

back from Mexico!

so i've been home from Mexico for a week now, and my life has been changed forever. i loved every minute of it and doing God's work. we went to Back2Back Ministries, which is run by a group of American missionaries who have been down there for about 14 years. the group i went with was amazing, really cohesive, and we worked together so well! we did a bunch of work with orphanages that B2B is linked with. we dug trenches, sealed roofs, poured concrete, served meals, and played with all the kids. i loved these kids! i wanted to bring them home with me! we were there over my birthday and on the actual day, the orphanage we were at did a special birthday surprise for me. all the kids got together and sang me a song for my birthday and then jumped on me to give me hugs. i'm really glad someone snapped a picture.


speaking of pictures, i took over 1000 while we were there. yes, you read that right- 1000. i narrowed it down to about 800 that i burned onto CD's for everyone in the group. i quickly became the group's unofficial photographer, and i got so many awesome shots. i put up 6 albums on facebook, so check them out.

i've just been hanging out this weekend, enjoying the wintery weather outside from inside! we have 3 books to read for PT school, so i've spent a lot of today curled up on the couch with a book. i love it. last night, i went to a DPT party and got to meet a bunch of people in my class and lots of students that are already in the program. it was fun and i got a lot of good advice about the program. i know i will regret saying this, but i've been really bored this past year, and i am ready to get started! the sooner i start, the sooner i can be done, and the sooner i can get a job and start to get out of debt. which is a plus. since i will be about 100K in the hole when i'm done, including my loans from undergrad. i'm ready to learn. i know i'm a dork.

i'm headed to church tonight because i don't want to wake up early tomorrow to go. and i don't have anything else to do tonight, so why not go to church?!!? i love my church. its amazing.

No comments: