Thursday, April 24, 2008

I got in trouble

Because I'm a klutz and fell yesterday (in flip flops), everyone is not happy with me. Jimmy has always hated flip flops, and now he has yet another reason to do so. My PT Chris also gave me a lecture about my footwear today when I was at therapy. It was definitely sore and I couldn't move it as far as I have been able to. Well then I talked to my mom this afternoon and told her that I tripped. She was not happy one bit. And I know everybody is right and that I shouldn't be wearing flip flops in my condition, but I got a little ahead of myself. I have been doing so great and I haven't worn my brace for about 2 weeks.
So anyway, my mother was not happy with me. She made me a deal. The deal is that if I send her home with a bag of all my flip flops when she comes to visit next weekend, that she will get me an early graduation present of trekker shoes. I have seen them before and I have always liked them, so this is a great chance for me to transition into new shoes. So I will say goodbye to all my flip flops and not trip anymore!!

I am leaving on Sunday for Atlanta for the Orange Conference. A bunch of us from church are going; its a Christian leadership conference. One of the keynote speakers is Louie Giglio, and I am basically obsessed with him. I made a shirt that says "I 'heart' Louie." I am going to stalk him until I get a picture taken with him.

No comments: