Sunday, April 20, 2008

Liberation

So I haven't worn my boot or brace for the last two weeks! And my ankle hasn't felt better. My PT has been going so well, it always feels so good. Since I passed my 10 week mark, we have upgraded to all sorts of fun new things. I do balance things, I can stand on my surgery leg for a few seconds before having to grab onto something. My leg is getting stronger, I am now using muscles that I haven't had to use for the past year since I used to put all my weight on my right side. Last week, I was waking up almost every night with leg cramps, just from my muscles getting used to being used again. It feels stronger everyday and soon, I will be able to start walking in some of my cute shoes again! I think I will always lean towards flat shoes, but sometimes a girl just has to wear some cute heels. I am planning on wearing heels to graduation on May 24th, so thats my goal.

I spent the weekend in Winston Salem at my grandmothers house, and my mom came up too. We spent all day Saturday cleaning her windows. It was actually kind of fun! I went around the outside with a ladder while my mom stayed on the inside and we just circled the house! We should have re-thought the position, because the windows were caked in NC pollen, which I am super allergic to. I spent the rest of the weekend sniffling and sneezing. It was fun to spend the time with my family, we always have a good time together. We started planning my graduation party and what we are going to cook, its gonna be great! Its really starting to hit me that I am actually going to graduate for real. Just because I've been out of class since December, I haven't really felt like I was done. May 24th is coming quickly, and I'm really looking forward to having a bunch of friends and family here to celebrate with me! Jimmy graduates on May 10th, then its my turn on the 24th, so we are going to get to spend a bunch of time together in May. I am so in love with him, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him!!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

So great to hear how well it's going for you! I'll be 4 weeks post surgery on Wednesday and I'm getting nervous about therapy and walking. It's comforting to see how quickly you've got moving again!

BTW, my niece graduates High School on the 24th, so there will be lots of fun going on that day! Enjoy!