Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day Two, Worlds Better

Goooood Morning! They say that the first day following surgery is the worst, and boy isn't that the truth. I got a full 8 or 9 hours of sleep last night and pretty much no pain. I have definitely gotten on a good schedule for taking the vicodin. I set my cell phone to go off every four hours to remind me. I've been doing some hip exercises to keep my legs from getting stiff. With all the sitting, to be completely honest, my ass hurts a lot!

Since I interned with a physical therapist last semester and saw patients with my exact surgery, I know some tricks of the trade. My doctor didn't tell me to do any kind of exercises at home, but I'm very smart. So a couple times a day, I get up and I do hip and knee exercises to stretch out. It feels really good.

Tomorrow I get to pull my catheters out and take all the damn tape off my leg. Once I do that, I am going to try and figure out how to bathe. I can't get my cast thing wet, so I have a feeling its going to be interesting.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better!

I've had the same problem with bathing when I hurt my knee several years ago. First wrap the whole thing in plastic wrap then "double bag" it with plastic bags. Then you should be set for a nice bath in the tub (with your leg hanging off the side).