Friday, February 1, 2008

Interesting Morning

Well, my some what calm night turned into a not-so-fun morning. Around 6 this morning, I woke up with a lot of pain in my lateral ankle, so I popped a hydrocodone (gooood stuff), which knocks me on my ass really fast. By the time I woke up again around 9:30 I was still pretty uncomfortable. As I sit up for the blueberry bagel my mom fixed for me, I notice that the back of my pants on my hurt leg is soaking wet. Remember, the catheters that go into my leg travel down the back of my leg to go in behind my knee. So, I put two and two together and realize that my nerve block catheter is leaking, meaning the meds are not going into my leg, causing the excruciating pain this morning. I was not very happy:

So we quickly call the hospital and talk to the anesthesiologist and he talks me through fixing my catheter. Thank God, because I sure ain't ready for loads or narcotics. I want one more day of being lucid.




Here are pictures of my catheters, one on the back and one on the front.

Sorry if it grosses you out, but its really not a big deal. Wait until my cast comes off and I start posting pictures of my incisions!




Thanks for all the comments and emails. They really make my day! When I come out of my stupor and see how many people love me, it really means a lot.

Hopefully today will be less eventful than this morning. I'll post later.

No comments: