Saturday, February 2, 2008

Maybe the narcs are starting to get to me...

The bane of my existence today has been these G-Damn catheters. (yeah, I abbreviate that, I'm cool). Since the first day after surgery was so miserable with the catheters leaking, we just took a bunch of tape and stuck them to my leg to make sure the shitty little things didn't come out again. That's right, I'm angry about all this shit hanging out of my leg!


Well they still leak, but this kind of leak is an okay kind, and its not preventing the meds from going in. We figured out today where they leak and why none of the tape was still stuck to my leg this morning. Every time I move my leg, the popliteal catheter leaks, so I have been keeping a washcloth behind my knee so that all the liquid wouldn't drip down my cast and piss me off more. Basically, I want to rip the suckers out!

I get to take the catheters out when the drug bags are empty. I am hoping for that to be tomorrow, like I said before. I never thought they would deflate, but they definitely don't look like boobies anymore. Maybe really saggy boobies.


When I get up and around on my crutches (hell sticks), I wear them in this really stylish purse my mom found in the back of her closet. I think she bought it before I was born. Now I know why I am a total pack rat - its genetic! I sling it around my neck and hobble around the house, its a pretty pathetic existence.


Going to the bathroom is quite a task, maneuvering in with the hell sticks, I have muscles I can name, but never knew I had. My hands, arms, and armpits are killing me. I am going to look into this wonderful contraption that I saw while doing my internship this past semester.


That's not me though. HEHEHEHE.




















While she had the camera out, mom took a couple more pictures. Overall, today has been a good day and I am in a good mood.
My 'Jimmy-Bear'...Jimmy made it for me in LA
this summer when I came to visit. He's our love-child.















Peek A Boo!!


No comments: