Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Update on the cripple

Greetings to all my loyal readers! I went back to my doctor today because they wanted to see me since I fell pretty badly on Sunday night. They want to stay on the side of safety and since I fell only 3 days after my surgery, I totally agreed with them. So I went in and they took off my psuedo-cast off and I saw the fat, bruised cankle that used to be my ankle. I took pictures, but I cannot find my cord to upload them to my computer! When I find it, I will post them, they are super cool. Anyway, with no damage from the fall and apparently good progress on swelling, my doctor decided to go ahead and cast me for a little more support and safety. I picked maroon for my color and I think I will take some yellow duct tape and make stripes for some Elon pride! My dad and I went to the health supply place and rented a roll-a-bout, and this one has a steering handlebar!! They have the new model, which is not the one that I had seen before. I will get pictures of it posted soon too. Its so much easier to get around than crutches and once I get used to it, I will be zipping around everywhere! My doctor made me pinky swear I wouldn't fall anymore, so I have to be really careful! Progress is being made!


These are our good family friends Al and Suzette with me at my high school graduation.


Suzette is a very close friend of mine, and when I am in Charlotte I always try and spend time with her. She has two kids, Christopher, age 8, and Ellie, age 5. They are ADORABLE! Even though we are not very close in age, Suzette and I just have an amazing connection. She is one of the most genuine people I have ever known and always thinks of others before herself. We have gotten to sepnd some time together in the past couple days since I have been around with nothing really to do, and I cherish every minute I get to spend with her. I am so blessed to have someone I look up to that I can always turn to, no matter what. Everyone should be so lucky.

Pictures tomorrow hopefully!!

No comments: